EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Graduate of Point Loma Nazarene University (December 2006)
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems
- Courses included Network Technologies, Database Management, Operating Systems, Web Applications, and Business Management
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Attended SANS Institute network security training (SEC401 and SEC508)
Emotient (April 2013 - Present) (formerly Machine Perception Technologies)
Point Loma Nazarene University (April 2012 - April 2013)
- Overhauled Operating System, LAMP stack, and site configuration of www.pointloma.edu Drupal site to dramatically increase performance, security, and overall site reliability and to stabilize CMS platform for University content editors.
- Initiated improvements to core infrastructure services such as campus Windows DHCP, Cisco ASA VPN, Aruba Airwave, and Palo Alto high availability firewall configuration.
- Managed the seamless transition of two regional centers to a new service provider, T-1 line, and IP address space.
- Responsible for the wired, wireless, and voice connectivity deployment and configuration at the new Liberty Station site.
Shadow Mountain Ministries (March 2010 - April 2012)
- Responsible for the design, configuration, operation, and maintenance of all network services for Shadow Mountain Community Church, San Diego Christian College, Christian Unified Schools of San Diego, and Southern California Seminary.
- Acted as technical lead and project manager for the migration of 2,300 San Diego Christian College constituents to the Google Apps for Education platform (including full e-mail, contact, and calendar data migration).
- Selected and transitioned organization to a new wired switch vendor (Dell) and a new wireless access point vendor (Meraki) after multi-vendor evaluation based on business and cost requirements.
- Performed a seamless migration/upgrade to a new Internet Service Provide including the migration of the main campus, two remote sites, and all IP and DNS information.
- Provided network configuration support for a 300+ handset Mitel VOIP deployment.
- Administered all campus Apple computers including OS X deployment, updates, and software package installation.
- Initiated a social media campaign for Shadow Mountain Community Church to act as an outreach and to raise awareness about the Church in the community.
Point Loma Nazarene University (August 2003 - March 2010)
Network Engineer (March 2005 - March 2010)
- Led the team that deployed Google Apps for Education for over 10,000 student accounts.
- Responsible for setup and continued maintenance of the University’s Cisco wired network, which serves approximately 3,400 students and 750 staff and faculty, as well as University guests.
- Designed and configured a 460 access point Aruba wireless network deployment that provides 98% coverage to 50+ buildings across campus as well as 4 remote regional centers.
- Piloted and led the deployment of PLNU’s next generation Cisco VOIP network including Unity and Unified Call Manager systems and added extensions to this network at three regional centers to improve call handling, service cost, and voice communication functionality.
- Responsible for the selection and upkeep of all critical network systems and services such as ISC BIND and DHCP, Fortinet firewalls, Cisco IPSEC and SSL VPN solution, public key infrastructure, RADIUS authentication server.
- Effectively managed security policy and configuration for firewall rules, switch/router ACLs, and Linux server hardening
- Installed, configured, and maintained all RedHat Enterprise Linux systems such as Apache web servers with PHP, MySQL servers, and campus ListServ.
- Involved in the management of a 12,000+ object Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange email system, and Windows 2008 and 2003 servers, and 75 virtual server VMware ESX deployment.
- First conceptualized and then built multi-camera live web streaming and recording system which allowed for PLNU constituents to view Commencement ceremonies.
- Provided supervision and project management for department student employees.
- Created extensive documentation for University network systems and processes and set up repository for that information.
Student Network Systems Programmer (February 2004 – March 2005)
- Created systems automation scripts to aid in system maintenance and management.
- Programmed major updates to campus-wide web based computer registration system.
Student Computer Technician (February 2004)
- Set up and maintained staff, faculty, and lab computer systems.
- Performed troubleshooting of technical problems regarding personal computer hardware, software, and campus network connectivity.
- Efficiently managed multiple assigned tasks and scheduled appointments with end users to meet their needs, taking into account call priority.
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Extensive knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP packet analysis for intrusion detection / security assessment
- Familiar with the use of network security tools such as tcpdump, snort, and nmap
- Comfortable with Ubuntu and RedHat Enterprise Linux installation, configuration, and application setup (Apache, BIND, DHCP, PHP, MySQL)
- Familiar with current Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, and VMware vSphere
- Working knowledge of Perl and PHP programming and network process automation